Novel Coronavirus update
March 10th, 2020
ODSC is paying close attention to new developments with the Novel Coronavirus. We’re following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
ODSC East 2020 is moving ahead as scheduled. For the last year, our team has put together an incredible program and we are looking forward to having a great event for our speakers, attendees, and partners.
Meanwhile are continuously tracking local and global developments, and following their guidelines to help prevent the spread of the virus. We take the health concerns of all our participants very seriously and are working with our venue partners to ensure a safe and healthy environment. We will be taking all the necessary precautions at the event.
Many of our attendees, speakers, and instructors are local to the greater Boston and Tri-state area. If you are traveling we request you follow the travel recommendations issued by the World Health Organization. If you think there’s any risk you may be sick, we ask that you please not attend the event. We’ll be taking these additional steps and more as needed:
For attendees unable to attend due to travel restrictions and other circumstances we are expanding our livestream offering. Full details here.
Our venue, the Hynes Convention Center in Boston is taking the following precautions.
VENUE FACILITY AND CLEANING PREPAREDNESS
- The deployment of Hand Sanitizing Stations in public areas has increased by 75% by means of liquid dispensers and disinfecting wipe stations. In addition, the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) offers liquid hand sanitizer in all of its restroom. View a complete list of BCEC sanitizer locations.
- Enhanced public space and restroom cleaning and disinfection efforts are ongoing. Cleaning efforts and staff levels have doubled during event hours with dedicated teams concentrating on all touch points (door handles, elevator buttons, escalator handrails, and restroom surfaces), which are cleaned prior to show opening and continuously during event hours.
- The cleaning staff has received additional training on the preventative cleaning measures necessary to halt the transmission of the virus on common surfaces, and personal protection measures needed to safely perform during their workday.
- The number of complete air exchanges through the HVAC programming controls within each facility has increased.
- Our facilities have EPA-certified, hospital-grade disinfectants in line with the CDC guidelines that disinfect surfaces in 60 seconds.
- All Digital Displays are playing flu prevention messaging.
- Signage and posters have been placed in back of house areas to remind staff of good hygiene.
More information is available here.