Yes, ODSC has arranged for a discounted room block at some of the Boston hotels. We recommend you book your hotel as soon as possible as rooms within our block fill up quickly.
Within a three-block walk of the Hynes Convention Center are numerous parking garages totaling over 4,400 spaces. There is limited meter parking available around the Hynes and adjacent streets. Download a PDF guide of nearby garages for a full list of options from Hynes website.
Detailed information about transportation options including customized driving directions and an interactive Public Transportation map is available on the Hynes website.
- Airport Transfers: The Hynes is conveniently located just minutes from Boston’s Logan International Airport. You have many choices for quickly getting to the Hynes after you land, and it’s easy to get back to the airport to catch your flight when it’s time to return home. Modes of transport include the public transit, Back Bay Logan Express, and taxi cabs.
- Taxi: Taxi cabs can be hailed from the cab stand across the street from the Prudential Center, located just outside of the Boylston Street entrance to the Hynes.
- Public transportation: The Hynes Convention Center is accessible via several bus routes and is just steps away from four subway stations: Hynes Convention Center, Copley, and Prudential on the Green line and Back Bay on the Orange line.
- Driving Directions: The Hynes is located right off Interstate 90 and is easily accessible from I-93 and I-95.
- There are elevators and escalators at each entrance and throughout the main rotunda to reach all levels of the facility. (Venue floor plan)
- Restrooms are equipped with accessible stalls.
- Wheelchair lifts/ramps to access stage(s) are available upon request for speakers and/or guests.
- Please email us at email@example.com with any additional questions.
Hynes Convention Center, 900 Boylston St., Boston, MA 02115
Registration and Conference App
Where can I download the conference APP so I can personalize my schedule and connect with fellow attendees?
- View the full schedule for ODSC East 2020
- Bookmark sessions to create a personalized schedule*
- See complete session and Speaker details
- Receive real-time schedule updates and notifications
*Please note: Bookmarking or adding sessions to your schedule in the app is intended for planning purposes only, and does NOT reserve or guarantee a seat in any room. Access to all sessions is on a first-come, first-served basis. It is strongly recommended you arrive early to sessions to get a seat.
In addition to using the app, you can explore the speakers, topics, and schedule before arriving to plan out your day and get excited about your time at ODSC East here.
Registration will take place outside Pre-function Hall A on the Plaza Level of the Hynes starting at the following times:
- Monday, April 30 at 7:30 AM
- Tuesday, April 30 at 7:30 AM
- Wednesday, May 1 at 7:30 AM
- Thursday, May 2 at 7:30 AM
- Friday, May 2 at 8:00 AM
- Please keep your badge with you and visible at all times during the conference. While you do not need to recheck in each day, you will NOT be allowed access to the event if you are not wearing your conference lanyard and badge.
- There will be a $10 charge to replace your badge.
Ai X Business Summit:
- BUSINESS 2-DAY PASS: THIS IS A 2-DAY PASS (TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY). On Tuesday & Wednesday, you have access to Accelerate AI – The ODSC Business Summit to hear talks and panels about the Business of Data Science and AI plus network with industry leaders.
- BUSINESS 4-DAY PASS: THIS IS A 4-DAY PASS (TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY & FRIDAY). On Tuesday & Wednesday, you have access to Accelerate AI – The ODSC Business Summit to hear talks and panels about the Business of Data Science and AI plus network with industry leaders. On Thursday & Friday, get access to ODSC East talks, workshops, AI Solution Showcase Expo, Career Expo, and Networking Reception.
- SILVER PASS: THIS IS A 2-DAY PASS (THURSDAY & FRIDAY). You have access to ODSC Keynotes, Talks, Workshops, AI Solution Showcase Expo, Career Expo, and Networking Reception.
- GOLD PASS: THIS IS A 3-DAY PASS (WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY & FRIDAY). You have access to ODSC Keynotes, Talks, Workshops, AI Solution Showcase Expo, Career Expo, and Networking Reception on Thursday & Friday plus all Wednesday Training Sessions.
- PLATINUM PASS: THIS IS A 4-DAY PASS (TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY & FRIDAY). On Thursday & Friday, you have access to ODSC Keynotes, Talks, Workshops, AI Solution Showcase Expo, Career Expo, and Networking Reception. On Tuesday and Wednesday, you have access to all Trainings and Workshops and Accelerate AI – The ODSC Business Summit.
- VIP PASS: THIS IS A 4-DAY PASS (TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY & FRIDAY). On Thursday & Friday, you have access to ODSC Keynotes, Talks, Workshops, AI Solution Showcase Expo, Career Expo, and Networking Reception. On Tuesday and Wednesday, you have access to all Trainings and Workshops, and Accelerate AI – The ODSC Business Summit. In addition, you have exclusive access to Workshop & Talk Sessions, the Speaker/VIP Lounge, VIP lunch, VIP Registration, and our exclusive VIP gift bag.
Mini – Bootcamp:
- 3-Day Training: THIS IS A 3-DAY PASS: (MONDAY-WEDNESDAY). On Monday, get access to data science Fundamentals. On Tuesday and Wednesday, get access to intensive Data Science Trainings and Career Expo.
- 5-Day Training: THIS IS A 5-DAY PASS: (MONDAY-FRIDAY). On Monday, get access to data science Fundamentals. On Tuesday and Wednesday, get access to intensive Data Science Trainings and the Career Expo. On Thursday and Friday, get access to ODSC Workshops and Talks.
Other Ticket Questions
I have attended a prior ODSC conference. Is there any discount for ALUMNI attendees at this point in time?
Yes, there is a discount for Alumni. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for your dedicated discount.
Scholarship passes are not interchangeable and cannot be upgraded.
- If you are unable to complete your ticket purchase online using a major credit card, you may request to pay via Purchase Order.
- Please submit your request via the Purchase Order request form.
You may request a refund until 30 days prior to the conference (no exceptions). Please email email@example.com with the details of your request.
You can transfer your pass to a colleague until 7 days prior to the conference. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request.
Attending Training, Workshops, and Talk Sessions
- More than 60 Talks and Workshops will be recorded during the event. Please note: Training sessions will not be recorded.
- If your pass includes access to some / all of the recordings, you will receive instructions for accessing them via email following the conference. Important: Please allow 4-6 weeks for preparation and post-production.
- Following their sessions, most speakers will share their presentations with us, so that we may share them with you.
- Throughout and following the conference, we will post links to session slides on our website as we receive them. All available slides will be posted within 2 weeks after the conclusion of the event.
Note: Many of the sessions will also be recorded (slides and audio) and made available to attendees approximately 4-6 weeks after the event. Please refrain from personal recording as speakers may want to edit the recording before release.
- Access to all sessions is on a first-come, first served basis.* Once you have registered, no further action is required to register for specific sessions.
- However, you can take steps in order to ensure that you are on time and in the right place including:
- Picking up your badge early during pre-registration
- Arriving early to sessions
- Using the app to view session times and rooms and receive real-time notification of changes
- Important note regarding Training Sessions: Training sessions will start on time as scheduled, and late arrivals may not be granted access to the room once the session is in progress. Please plan to arrive early.
- *A limited number of seats in each session room will be reserved for VIP Pass holders.
- Session prerequisites and downloads will be published on an ongoing basis as we receive them starting 6 weeks prior to the conference on our website and in the app. Please refer to the app for any last minute changes.
IMPORTANT: Some software and materials required for sessions (espec. Training sessions) may include sizeable files and take significant time to download. Please do not wait until you are at the conference to review the prerequisites and downloads.
- Laptops are not required to participate but many sessions will include work-long portions from which attendees will get the most if they have a laptop.
- Please make sure your laptop is fully charged. We will make extra outlets available in session rooms, but they may not be accessible from all seats.
- Wireless internet service is available throughout the Venue via the “Hynes Wireless Network”. No password is required. To make sure that everyone can get maximum access, please avoid heavy downloading and/or multiple device connections.
- The speaker will have a hard-stop at five minutes prior to the start of the next session. They may or may not allocate time for Q&A during their session.
- When a given session is over, we need to turn the room over for the next session. We will have staff escort the speaker away from the front of the room to an area conducive for personal conversation without impacting the start of the next session. Please feel free to follow the staff and speaker to this area, but do not congregate in the front of the room to ask questions.
Networking, Lunch, and Coffee Breaks
The main ODSC networking reception sponsored by DataRobot will take place in the Expo Hall (Hall B) on Thursday, May 2 from 6-8 PM. Drinks and hors-d’oeuvres will be served.
- Please note: In order to keep ticket costs down, lunch is not included with your ticket, but is available for purchase at the venue and at nearby establishments.
- Expo Hall: For your convenience, we have arranged with the venue to make available for purchase an assortment of prepared salads and sandwiches in the Expo Hall (Hall B, Plaza Level) each day.
- Elsewhere inside the venue: Capital Grille
- Nearby: There are hundreds of dining options available just steps from the Hynes including at the Prudential Center (accessible directly from the Hynes).
Coffee stations will be set up twice daily throughout the Expo Hall (Hall B, Plaza Level) at approximately 10:30am and 3:30pm. (Note: No afternoon coffee break on Friday)
ODSC volunteers are an integral part of the success of each ODSC conference. They are an extension of our core team and act as ambassadors to our community. For more information and to submit your application, visit: odsc.com/boston/volunteer
Please allow up to 14 days to receive a response regarding your volunteer application. If it has been more than 14 days, please email email@example.com.
Accelerate AI Business Summit
The following ticket types provide access to the Ai X Summit:
- Business 2-Day
- Business 4-Day
- Bootcamp 3-Day
- Bootcamp 5-Day
- The summit is co-located with ODSC East 2020.
- Location: Hynes Convention Center, 900 Boylston St., Boston, MA, 02115
- Date: April 14 – April 17
- Time: Approx. 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
If you would like to inquire about guest postings on the opendatascience.com, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Career Lab & Expo will take place in Exhibit Hall C (Plaza Level) on:
- Monday, April 13th at 11:30 AM – 5:00 PM
The AI Solution Showcase Expo will take place in Hall B (Plaza Level) on:
- Wednesday, May 1 from 10:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday, May 2 from 10:30 AM – 8:00 PM
- Upon request and with a valid pass, ODSC Provides visa Invitation letters for attendees.
- After purchasing your ticket, please complete the Visa Invitation Letter Request form.
ODSC staff will be wearing recognizable lanyards. If you need immediate assistance there will always be a staff member at the Resolution Desk (outside Hall B). Event volunteers will also be available throughout the venue to answer your questions.
- There is no official dress code. Shirts and shoes are required at all times.
- It is highly recommended to dress professionally if you are planning to attend our Accelerate Ai Summit or the Career Expo.
If you are interested in participating as a hiring company at ODSC East, please contact email@example.com.
- If you have applied as a speaker for this event more than 2 weeks ago, and do not know the status of your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for a full refund up to 30 days before the conference. No refunds will be applied after this time. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- The Open Data Science Conference is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We reserve the right to refuse entry or remove anyone in breach of this code without refund. See the complete ODSC code of conduct here.
- Please do not conduct any personal recordings. Once we have a speaker’s permission and the presentation is edited, we will then release content to our conference website. You will be removed from the event if you are recording.
- Please mute cell phones during all sessions and events.
- No recruitment or solicitation unless you are with a sanctioned sponsor.
Disclaimer: ODSC is not responsible for any valuables that are lost or stolen at any ODSC events. Do not leave valuables in the open such as unguarded locations, meeting rooms between sessions or at the Expo Hall.
- ODSC is active across social media. To stay connected with ODSC, find us using @ODSC and #ODSC:
During the Conference, use hashtag #ODSCEast on your posts for a chance to win a FREE AMAZON ECHO DOT. (2 winners will be selected during the conference.)