Virtual Conference FAQs
The ODSC East 2021 Virtual Conference and Expo is an event that will take place exclusively online. All conference presentations are broadcasted via webcast so you can watch from the comfort of your own office or home. You will have the ability to move from presentation to presentation as you see fit, and all the features of an in-person event will still be available (exhibit halls, networking, questions with presenters, downloadable collateral, etc.)
The Virtual Conference will take place from March 30th to April 1st, 2021.
- March 30th-31st – AI Expo and Demo Talks from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT.
- April 1st – Career Expo and Career Talks from 10:30 AM – 5:00 PM EDT.
- Laptop or personal computer
- Strong, reliable wifi connection
- Google Chrome is recommended to run the Virtual Conference platform.
- Slack must be downloaded for communication.
- Gotowebinar installed on your computer so you can stream the sessions. Click here to check if your computer is already compatible with Gotowebinar and click here for a list of system requirements to run it.
Yes, the Virtual Conference is accessible via a smartphone or tablet. Please note that you will need to install the GoToWebinar App to be able to watch the sessions from your phone.
Which sessions are going to be recorded? When will the recordings be available and do I have access to them?
All sessions will be recorded during the event and will be made available to attendees approximately 1-2 days after the event and be available for 12 months after release. Recordings will also include the session slides.
If your pass includes access to some / all of the recordings, you will receive instructions for accessing them via email following the conference.
Please refrain from personal recording as speakers may want to edit the recording before release.
ODSC will offer a wide variety of networking opportunities:
- Live Community Chat with different channels
- Introductions; Introduce yourself and let the rest of the attendees know what it is you’re looking for. It’s a spaces where you can discuss what problems you’re facing or what solutions you potentially have for other attendee’s problems.
- Hallway Track: General random conversations between attendees + speakers.
- Virtual Meetups; A channel dedicated for people to connect, make plans for a group call and discuss a specific topic + virtual drinks etc.
- ODSC Virtual Slack Workspace
The value of the Slack channel is an opportunity to meet people ahead of the event, get to know them.
- Create unique channels so you can create a mini community within ODSC.
- Networking events
Yes, you can upgrade your pass. If you would like to attend more sessions than your pass allows, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I had a Bootcamp pass for ODSC East 2021. Can I get a certificate of completion after attending Conference?
If you have completed ODSC Bootcamp we will email you your certificate of completion 7-10 days after the conference.
Cancellations within 30 days of the event are non-refundable. Cancellations 60 days prior to the will be granted minus an administration fee. Other terms apply as noted in our terms and conditions. Please email email@example.com, if you would like to transfer your ticket. Ticket transfers may be requested up to 7 days before the conference. Please note: you can only transfer the pass only 1 time per conference or per attendee.
- ODSC strives to create an inclusive experience, ensuring underrepresented groups feel welcome in the data science community. As part of this initiative, we’re offering a limited number of Scholarship Passes.
- Scholarship Applications for ODSC East 2021 will be opened soon! Please check our website to apply.
- Scholarship passes are not interchangeable and cannot be upgraded.
Volunteer Program is a great way to get involved in one of the world’s largest data science conferences. Be an ODSC Volunteer:
- Network with some of the best and brightest minds in the Data Science and Artificial Intelligence community;
- Have access to Virtual Conference and on-demand recordings available for 12 months;
- Be an MC, introduce and liaise directly with speakers;
- Participate in speaker training sessions and talks.
Become a valued part of the ODSC community and connect with an incredibly motivated group of Data Science enthusiasts!
We will open the application soon. Check for updates here!
- The Open Data Science Conference is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We reserve the right to refuse entry or remove anyone in breach of this code without refund.
- Please do not conduct any personal recordings. Once we have a speaker’s permission and the presentation is edited, we will then release content to our conference website.
- Mute cell phones during all events.
- No excessive photography.
- No recruitment or solicitation unless you are with a sanctioned sponsor.
- In consideration of fellow attendees, no food is allowed in the meeting rooms.
- If you have any special needs, disabilities, or dietary restrictions that we can address to make your participation more enjoyable, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our full code of conduct can be reviewed here: http://odsc/code-of-conduct/
- We would like to share event policy with you. Please refer to the ODSC policy for the event here
Registration & Logging in to the Virtual Conference
- Attendees will receive an email with login instructions 5 days before the event. We encourage all attendees to log into the platform before the conference starts to make sure you can log in. If you have trouble logging in, please email email@example.com.
Schedule, Sessions & Conference Passes Information
- GENERAL PASS – Access to breakout sessions, keynotes, and virtual events. Pre-conference training and conference training not included.
- ONE DAY PASS – Price for one full day. Choose one of 3 days and get access to all sessions and recordings from the selected day.
- TWO DAYS PASS – Price for two full conference days. Choose 2 of 3 days and get access to all sessions and recordings from the selected days.
- All-ACCESS PASS – Get Access to 3 conference days and All-Conference recordings.
- BOOTCAMP PASS – Get Access to 3 conference days and All-Conference recordings + pre-conference training.
- 1-DAY AIX Business Pass – Get access to a Livestream of AIX sessions on Tuesday ONLY. This does not include Tuesday-Thursday talks, workshop or training Livestream, or on-demand sessions.
- 3-DAYS AIX Business Pass – Get access to a Livestream of AIX sessions on Tuesday AND access to breakout talk sessions, keynotes, and virtual events on Tuesday – Thursday. Pre-conference training and conference training and workshops are not included.
- AI SOLUTIONS EXPO PASS – On March 30-31, access virtual booths to learn the latest solutions in AI for Enterprise, attend 20+ interactive virtual demo sessions, virtually network with over 6,500 data scientists and join the most influential Data Science community worldwide. Make lasting professional relationships by being part of this unique community.
- AI CAREER EXPO PASS – On April 1, access the AI Career Expo only and connect with hiring partners, receive actionable advice from expert mentors, book 1:1 sessions with recruiters and access the Career Talks in the Expo Hall.
There will be Q&A Slack Channels for all sessions and attendees will be able to ask questions or make comments.
Attending AI Solutions Showcase Expo
The AI Solutions Expo will take place on March 30th -31st, 2021 from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT.
- Visit AI Expo Hall and engage with leading AI solution providers, including DataRobot, IBM, Red Hat, SAS, and S&P Global, and learn about the products and solutions that will help you automate machine learning, optimize data science costs, extract more value from data, and much more. Some of the technologies to be showcased: Auto ML, Data Labeling, DevOps, DataOps, Deep Learning, Cloud Computing, Image, Voice and Facial Recognition.
Join the most influential Data Science community worldwide.
Attending Career Lab and Expo
The AI Career Expo will take place on Thursday, April 1st, 2021 from 10:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Over 15+ hiring partners will be seeking talented individuals during the Virtual AI Career Expo.
- Actionable advice from expert mentors about the best path to a career in AI.
- Book a 1:1 session with a recruiter.
- Ideal for job seekers from both the tech and business fields.
- The full AI Career Expo exhibitor/recruiters list is located on our website.
Chat with Companies Recruiters can be via chat box, voice or video message
Yes, the Career talks will be recorded and available on-demand for attendees up to 12 months.
Yes, On April 1st at 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM EDT you can start a chat by clicking on the company booth you wish to chat with.