Abstract: In this session, you'll learn how to turn any matplotlib plot into an animated gif with just two extra lines of code (well... three, if you count "import gif")!
- Basic review of matplotlib
1. Plot Prep
- Making sure that we have the right type of data
- Tweaking figure and canvas sizes
- Adjusting backgrounds
- Turning matplotlib plots into functions
2. Animation Basics
- Overview of the matplotlib.animation module
- Using FuncAnimation to animate plots
- Using the gif.frame decorator to animate plots
3. Animation Examples
- How to style animated gifs
- How to using 3D inside of animated gifs
- How to recreate popular /r/dataisbeautiful plots
Bio: Max is a distinguished faculty member at General Assembly and the creator of several popular open source packages, including: gazpacho, gif, and mummify.